Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Journey


God always wants to take us on a journey. Each journey looks different. The starting point, departure, terrain, travel, conditions, and arrival of the journey will vary from person to person; but God knowing the past, present, and future of this realm and the next has a final product in mind for His creation and will do what is necessary to get us there. Philippians 1:6, "...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

From the beginning of time, God created us for good. We were meant to bear His image, and in doing so, glorifying Him in harmony with His presence. Then, the Fall took place and created a veil between the harmony that once took place. A new journey started from that point on where God set out to reconcile His creation back to Himself through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus.  I want to focus on the journey Jesus took while on this earth, what trials and tribulation he faces, how he overcame them, and how we can apply that to our own lives today.

Scripture tells us that God is carrying out a good work He started in us, until it is completed. This completion will come in the form of perfection, not in this age but in the age to come. God is calling us on a journey to perfection. He is restoring in us what He originally had intended for us to be and do. So the plan of God is to restore our perfection.

What does that mean for me today? My perfection only comes from Jesus Christ. That perfection is revealed through His Word, His Spirit, and His Kingdom. Perfection will never come from what I do, but from what Jesus has already done in His death and resurrection. I find my identity in who He is, what He has done and is doing, and what I have in Him. My life is now a reflection of God here on this earth. I, literally, am ushering in the kingdom of God to this earth with my life. We have much to do here, relationships to form, justice to carry out, spirituality to discover, and beauty to seek out and reveal. We are all on a journey. That journey starts now. That journey starts with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment