Monday, May 16, 2011

Reminder of Father's faithfulness

Job 42:2, "I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted."

For those reading this for the first time, know that God has called me to Hillsong College to study pastoral leadership in Castle Hill, Australia. Those who know me, probably see this as a likely move for me, given my nomadic nature. You might not know that this is surpassing my comfort zone daily. I have never contemplated moving to another continent, let alone be called to another one, but Father is preparing me for something great.

As I have said before, the Gospel has changed my life, and now I want to present it to others so that the Gospel will change them! This next step has created this abandonment for Jesus, of which I have never experienced before. You might be asking, 'Blake, where are you going with this?' Well, here it is:

You're reading this for a reason. That reason is that Father wanted you to hear, well read, this. If you have felt called by Father to pursue something out of your comfort zone, then you need to do it. When we, as sons and daughters of the High King, pursue avenues that are impossible in our eyes, as well as the worlds,  but are divinely appointed, then two things happen: a. God performs miracles that He can only perform, and then He receives glory for it, and b. That purpose will not, and can not be thwarted or prevented. Let me provide you with an example.

As I have continued in faith towards my calling to bible college, my Father has provided ever need I have had. I have not once been in need for anything. People are stepping up and supporting me, my plane tickets are taken care of, and this Holy Spirit peace has overcome me. Proverbs says that "the fear of man is a snare, but he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted." Do not let the enemy trap you with the snare of fear. Trust in the Lord, and He will exalt you! Please be praying this over me as the Spirit puts it on your heart.

Take this as your sign and wonder. God has a purpose for you and He loves you! He desires to know you more and more. He wants to take care of you. He sent His Son for you...now let Him in and let Him work. Whatever He is calling you to, follow it! Pick up your nets and follow Him! Glory to the Father forever and ever!

Let this be encouragement to my brothers and sisters! God has been faithful to me, even when I remain unfaithful at times. Remind God of His faithfulness. Let that be your prayer this week. Father loves being reminded of His promises. My prayer for those reading this is that we would receive Peter-like faith, walking on water faith!  I hope this truth and prophesy has impacted you as it has me!

No comments:

Post a Comment