Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Australia-Week 2

Surreal! Probably one of the best words to describe my initial experience here. The country here is absolutely breath-taking! I still don't think I have realized that I'm actually in Australia. Some days hit me more than others. These two weeks have been a roller coaster of excitement, fatigue, boredom, and so many other emotions.

The plane ride was for smooth overall, other than a few delays in ATL. I arrived in LA for a 6 or so hour break, where I saw the sights, ate my last American meal, and got prepared for the long haul to down under. The 19 hour flight that proceeded was primarily slept on, but still prolonged. I got into the airport around 7 am Australia time and was met by a current student, John Hosmer, who took me around Sydney and also opened his house to me for the week. Might I add, that the drug dogs attacked my book bag which gave me somewhat of a fright. The fear was then relieved when they pulled out the bag of almond filled trail mix that I had in my bag. This was a customs no-no that I was unaware of. The almonds were cooked, so I was fine. Still not what you want to go through at the butt crack of dawn in a new country.

The week that followed was Hillsong Conference week. The energy and adrenaline curbed my jet-lag throughout most of the conference although I struggled here and there. I had to get up around 5:30 am to catch the bus to the city, which was not so bad since the time difference made me wake up around that time anyways. And I didn't really have time to be tired because the conference was packed full.  It was so amazing to participate in such a Spirit-filled, Jesus focused, Father blessed encounter. The blogs that follow will be primarily from the conference overflow.

After conference was over, I mainly caught up on sleep deprivation. It was much needed and long overdue. The week that followed was somewhat boring, but still good. I got a chance to hang out with other students from college, see the area, eat/drink new things, etc. Most of the days were spent hanging around the house watching movies, which got monotonous at times. The fellowship surrounded was what made it great. The nights that we went out to dinner also gave me the opportunity to job search. I still don't have a job (please pray for that) but I have some leads Father is opening. All the while,  I was just counting the days until college orientation.

July 21st, 2011 is here and so is college orientation. The walk from my house to school (which is within Hillsong Church) is around a 30 minute walk, but I learned today that it is not much fun to do in the rain. I still rejoiced in the day that the Lord had made, with a little help from Jesus Culture playing in my ear buds. Day after day, Father is affirming my calling here. I know this is where my equipping will continue to mature. I am excitied to share with my readers what all Father has to teach and indwell into me for His glory! Tomorrow is registration and enrollment, where I will get my class schedule. Amazing!!! I can not believe I am this excited about school. I wish I had this during Uni. There is just a sense of joy and peace when we do God's will and calling on our lives. My heart is to preach the Gospel to the nations and that is what I am going to learn to do here.

Lastly, I want to thank all of my supporters! Your generosity, faithfulness, and blessings are the reason I am here, and for that I am so grateful! I am hoping this reaches everyone involved in me getting here. If you are reading this, please pass it along to other you know. After reading this, if you feel called to support me financially then there are giving options on the blog homepage. All blessings are needed and much appreciated! As I continue in my classes, I will be passing the knowledge along through my blog. I want to pass my blessing on to those who are blessing me.

God is good, faithful, and His lovingkindness is among the people of His covenant in Christ Jesus. Delight in Him as He pours into your life, so you can pour into others...All for the glory of His name. Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hey brother glad to hear of your adventures so far and the excitement you show is straight from God, awesome.

    ReplyDelete